Monday, April 28, 2014

Storm Warning.

"I'm gonna wish I had a storm warning.
I'm gonna wish I had a sign.
I'm gonna wish I had a little heads up,
a little leeway, a little more time."

-Hunter Hayes.

Boy, is this song not so on point right now.

As I continue to sit and look out my apartment window all night long for the last night ever, I wait in fear of a tornado alarm or weather alert to go off. The sky's just a bit too blue-grey to look that stormy pretty color and the clouds are moving by just as fast as college seems to be. Funny how the weather has a way of connecting to how I feel.

No, I'm not depressed despite the severe thunderstorms that have been hanging around all day. I'm reminding myself of the summer starting in 28 hours. I'm sad to be leaving my friends behind for the next three and a half months. I'm a tad nervous for what this road trip holds (okay, maybe that's being caused by the weather, but nonetheless). 

But this specific song also represents a whole other side of college to me. In fact, it was the song playing on the airplane when I touched into Nashville for orientation two Junes ago. And as much as I have been telling everyone this, I can't believe I'm halfway through university. 

LIKE WHAT.

After tomorrow night, I can call myself a junior. I can say I've been away for a solid two years. I can have one last day as a teenager.

And boy, do I have so many feels about all those things. Shoot. Life is insane.

So while I continue to create anxiety over the possible chance of a basement visit, I give you this song. 


P.S. This is one of the greatest people in my life and I'm so happy we can sit at a Welcome Desk for two hours and talk about life over pizza and ice cream. 


No comments:

Post a Comment