Wednesday, April 23, 2014

These Are My People.

"We're just loving and laughing
and busting our asses 
and we call it all living the dream."

-Rodney Atkins.

In the midst of finals, it's exactly that. 

As we all begin upon the judgment days ahead, I was reminded (again) of how much I love this school and where I'm at. I must seem jaded occasionally because I'm constantly dependent on countdowns and summertime. And that is very true. But with warm weather and free time, everything gets a bit better.

You see, this right here is my dysfunctional family away from home. We are New York, Tennessee, Georgia and Maryland. We are marketing and music business and exercise science and political science. We are silly and mean mugging and insane. But most important, we are happy to love one another

A year ago, I never imagined having a campus job. I never knew I would be friends with some of these people. I never thought I would be eating Mexican food and talking about reality shows with them during my sophomore dead day. But that alone, made this day wonderful. 

Those smiles are genuine and filled with the greatest of joy. 

Welcome to Belmont.

No comments:

Post a Comment