Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Sit Still, Look Pretty.

"Sure I'm a pretty girl
up in a pretty world.
But they say pretty hurts
and I don't wanna sit still."

- Daya.

THIS. SONG. IS. SO. BEYOND. LIFECHANGING. (insert clap emojis in there somewhere.)

I am all about this whole trend of women empowerment lately. Granted, it's been going on since suffrage (thank you 19th Amendment), but still, I feel this modern take on the idea of feminism. As I always put it, snaps and all, we can be independent women and kill the game all the same. 

Daya is ma gurl when it comes to that. She may be only 16 and not signed to a major label, but she knows how to be successful in her own right. She has got it made, and this song is just the beginning for her. 

Be on the lookout because she is about to blow up your radio like no tomorrow. She is just climbing her way to the top all by herself.

(courtesy of: Youtube, Daya)

No comments:

Post a Comment