Saturday, September 12, 2015

21.

"That's the way that we're doing it, doing it.
We go big or we go back home."

- Hunter Hayes.


Hunter dared us to give our 150% during the show. He wanted us to go crazy with him. Meanwhile, Sam Hunt told us that we needed to bring the house party game up a notch and to jump around. Then, Lady Antebellum wanted us to remember those who lost their lives so we could be dancing and singing along.


But last night was definitely worth the last-minute splurge.


Tori and I entered the war zone that is Downtown on a Friday night. We had no tickets and not a lot of cash, but we had the determination that wouldn't be challenged. After a random lady stopped us mid-mission to tell us the show sold out during the day, we felt a tad discouraged. But we weren't giving up. We couldn't. We needed in.


15 minutes and a quick conversation later, we found ourselves in 106 with direct contact to the catwalk. Basically, we could see them and with the lights on, they could totally see us. (Shout out to Sam Hunt for waving to our section.)


It may be silly, but I judge concerts on a lot of different aspects. One of which has to do with the playlist before each artist comes out to perform. Sam Hunt was first up, and his prelude was the 1975. Guys. HE PLAYED ROBBERS BEFORE HE CAME ON.


From then on out, it was official: this concert was going to compete with all the rest for best show ever.


Oh, and let me tell you. It competed and I'm pretty sure I can tell you it's now in my top 5. Like, ever. 

I laughed. I cried. I got chills. 

And after every single song, I either screamed of pure joy or just couldn't stop saying, "That was so cool/amazing." No joke. 

Every. Single. Song.


That show made me remember why I love concerts. It reminded me why I choose to spend money on shows over food or clothing. That show made me think about how much music matters. That, my friends, is such a rewarding feeling.


Goodness gracious. Post-concert depression over that one will never leave me. It was just too good for words or life. 

And we didn't go home.


WE WENT BIG.

No comments:

Post a Comment