Saturday, September 19, 2015

New Americana.

"We know very well who we are.
So we hold it down when summer starts."

- Halsey.


I love my Bruin Recruiter family. Let me say that again. I LOVE MY BRUIN RECRUITER FAMILY.

Being a part of this organization for a couple years now, I've definitely seen the highs and lows of it. 

Lows: waking up before the sun is around, standing in 30-degree weather on the sidewalk, eating pulled pork.
Highs: getting to see some of my favorite people all the time and having a laugh at all of the shenanigans that go along with this club.

In this case, the pros outweigh the cons. No doubt about it.

Especially now that I'm not only a Bruin Recruiter, but a tour guide and welcome desk worker, I pretty much live in the Office of Admissions. But there is no better place to eat too many Skittles from the candy jar or answer...interesting...phone calls. 

Simply put, I love it. I love our Preview Days and our tours and early mornings at the desk more than lots of other things at the moment. To be honest, I was having a conversation the other day with another senior in the program and thoughts about our last Preview Day came up. As we both looked at each other to ponder the idea, we (mid-tearing up) were like, "Never mind, let's not even mention that right now." 

So, yes. I love it. 

BRUIN RECRUITERS 5EVER.

No comments:

Post a Comment