Sunday, March 15, 2015

Midnight Memories.

"You and me and all our friends.
I don't care how much we spend.
Baby, this is what the night is for."

- One Direction.

I've come to find that since living here in London, I tend to touch everything and never wash my hands.

Wow, that sounds a little weird and gross. Let's try that again.

Moving here, I feel as if every single building and place is a piece of history and I feel the need to get my hands on it all. Not only is it history in the sense that some of these landmarks have been here for hundreds of years, but also the fact that I am making my own history throughout every single day I'm here.

While our good friend, Tori, came to spend Spring Break with us across the pond, I realized how little time I've got left here. I mean, we're literally at about five weeks now. That's nothing. We made a point to visit all of the hot spots around the city and become tourists for the week with her. It reminded me of when I first got here and everything was so new and exciting. It was seeing London through fresh eyes again, but in a heightened way of experiencing it all. 

The way time has been flying is all well and good, but now more than ever, I feel the need to hold everything and every moment so close.

Guess that explains why I feel the need to grasp on to the staircase banisters of St. Paul's Cathedral or revel in the tiles of Westminster Abbey. 

London breathes life back into any human who walks its streets and wanders throughout its boroughs. Although I may not be able to breathe too well due to my constant common cold, I still feel as if this past week rejuvenated me and my love for this city by the Thames. 

I may be sick for the duration of this semester because of my need to touch the past, but I can reassure you I will never grow sick of London.

When we took the trip to Harry Potter Warner Brothers Studio Tour, Tori and I fangirled so hard that even the employees pointed out our excitement in front of a 250-person crowd. But let me tell you, I HAVE NO SHAME. The three hours we spent marveling over set designs and pretending we knew how to fly on a broomstick were completely magical, puns aside. It felt like Christmas morning, but trade the eggnog for Butterbeer and Santa for Dumbledore.



\
Awh, hi Buckbeak. You're super cute in person.


BEST DRINK I THINK I'VE EVER HAD. PERIOD.

Of course I spoke Parseltongue when I walked past this. DUH.


Diagon Alley, where dreams are made of.

Dobby. The real hero.

We spent the other half of Harry Potter Day in Oxford, where other scenes from the movies were filmed. The quaint college town was buzzing from ceremonies and sunshine, so we had to join in everyone's enthusiasm with an artsy photoshoot by this ivy-covered wall. 


Can I go here yet?

Off to school...


Invitation to Dumbledore's office? Accepted.


Oh so art$y.



KB equals this is my bus.

Noms for days.

Hogwarts, here I come.



"The wand chooses the wizard, Harry."



Oxford > any other university.

Best picture of the night hands down.




Ron Weasley lives here.


"I solemnly swear that I am up to no good..."

Transferring right now.


In the other spare time we had over the weekend, we walked to every major site in London. I'm pretty sure it solidified the fact that the view from the pedestrian bridge near the Eye is the best one you'll find in the world. Well, wait. Actually, the best view ever is from the Eye, which completely changed my life. I knew from day one I would love that landmark more than the rest.

The holy grail of all stores ever.

Totally not tourists at all.

THIS. This is what I'm talking about right here.


Think I about cried while looking at this. 

And this.

"What are we supposed to do with our hands?"

My heart skips a beat for everything about this picture.

Look Mom! It's me pretending to fit in with the London folk!

Best franz.

You can call me Queen K.


Tea for three, please.


On top of the world.

And then the excitement from being on top of the world.







Okay, this is about to get caps lock crazy. Long story short. TORI AND I WENT TO THE CHANGING OF THE GUARD AND SAW THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND TWICE WITHIN AN HOUR AND WE DIED. The end.


Westminster Abbey. One of the most beautiful buildings I've ever been in and where I dream to get married. (Prince Harry, hook it up.)

Welcome to our new mansion.



St. Paul's Cathedral. Another building that I am not worthy enough to describe. Honestly, it may be one of my favorite places in London. Historical and beautiful, yes. But the messages and its mission is more inspiring than most. A church that's all for uniting people from all faiths and backgrounds for the greater good of the world. Wow.


Last but not least, Notting Hill will be where I live in five years. I guarantee you there is not another neighborhood that got my heart racing and my eyes as wide as this colorful one. Definitely picked out a handful of homes that are on my list of dream houses. It will happen.

I just love you, London. So much. I can't even say it in words. It's more than that. So much more.

No comments:

Post a Comment