Friday, June 13, 2014

We Owned The Night.

"But it was perfect.
I never will forget.
When we owned the night...
Yeah, we owned the night."

-Lady Antebellum.

Nashville. God, I love you in ways I don't even understand.

You gave me eight days of fear. And excitement. And anxiety. And laughter.

You gave me pouring showers and humid summer air. 

You gave me endless Summer of Shakes at Sonic and Coke-infused coffee.

You gave me the music that makes the veins of Broadway and Music flow ever so swiftly.

You gave me time. And boy, am I so thankful for those short minutes.

Although it may seem I grow jaded of the city I'm supposed to call home, I still do refer to it by a sacred name like the such.

Home. For eight days or eight months, that's what Nashville is turning out to be.




 (Photo credit via Instagram and cmacloseup.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment