Saturday, May 10, 2014

West Coast.

"Down on the West Coast,
they got a saying.
If you're not drinking,
then you're not playing."

-Lana Del Rey.

Prom is the one time where everyone looks pretty. From boys in bowties to girls in gowns, the elegance is spread for all to explore. Although the best night of my life is now just a memory of my past, I vicariously lived through some of the bests to experience that feeling all over again. And might I add, I was quite jealous throughout their backyard photoshoot. 

It's very, very weird to think that was me a whole two years ago. Sure, it sounds short. But as I watched those high schoolers figure out poses and boutonnieres, I couldn't really imagine being there. Being them, matter of fact. I guess you could say I'm mature...but it's really the idea that my time has gone and these moments are for the ones who haven't yet left the glory days of passing periods and lunchtime rallies.

Side note: I feel like every post I write on here now is either sentimental or mature. That will be fixed in the next few days. Promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment