Saturday, February 8, 2014

Bulletproof.

"I won't let you turn around
and tell me now I'm much too proud
to walk away from something 
when it's dead."

-La Roux.

I liked today. It was a brief reminder that even the worst of weeks can be cured with love and laughter. This next week could continue to be hell, but today brought me back to the happy person I want to be.

MBFW Fall/Winter 2014 Day Three. My favorite day of designs yet. My picks, courtesy of Vogue:

Greys and tulle and chunky knits...oh my! Prabal Gurung mixes the best of both worlds, creating the cool, pretty girl look.

Holy slit. Ruby red hot on the runway and I ain't even mad. Just a little crazy in love over this turtleneck-gown confection by Gurung.


Be still, my menswear-obsessed heart! Lacoste killin' it in the womens' department with the oversized charcoal suit look. Love me a good suit.

So, some people say crop tops are on the out. Umm...no. My odd obsession with the exposed midriff will not die. And this two-piece Herve Leger by Max Azria look has patterns and textures in all the right places. Yes, please.

Jumpsuits for the win. Mara Hoffman's African-inspired line filled the runway with exotic prints, but this black monochrone pantsuit is pure perfection. Gold armbands and all.

Too much good, too little time. And who said you can't work white after Labor Day? Jill Stuart running Day Three with this angelic and sparkly confection. The girly girl in me is showing.



No comments:

Post a Comment