Thursday, August 27, 2015

I Need Your Love.

"Now I'm dreaming, 
will I ever find you now?
I walk in circles,
but I'll never figure out."

- Calvin Harris feat. Ellie Goulding.

While it's only day two and yesterday was great, the stress of the semester has already started sinking in. I'm realizing that unlike London, I have a lot more homework and a lot less opportunity to see the world for the next four months. I don't mean to sound depressed over it, because I'm not. It's just truly hitting me that we're not in England anymore, Toto.

Reality is hard, sometimes. I heard someone say they were having a "mid-college crisis" because they feel as if "time is running out." Although I was an eavesdropper rather than a contributor to the conversation, I definitely wanted to butt in with a concurring statement. Knowing that school will consume the majority of my time for that running out deal, that freaks me out so much. 

I mean, I applied for graduation today. Me. The one who still eats Happy Meals and could watch Spongebob for days straight. Where did the time go and where is it going in the future? Because you got me. I can't answer that.

Rather than dwell in my anxiety, I'm just going to cruise as much as possible and dance it out. That's way more my style.

No comments:

Post a Comment