Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Welcome To New York.

"It's a new soundtrack.
I could dance to this beat
forevermore."

-Taylor Swift.

It really was waiting for me.

Although it had been years since my last visit, New York was just as magical and wonderful as I remembered. While the city is known for its hectic streets and constant buzzing, I have never smiled more than I did last week over the course of six days.

New York is indescribable. I mean, I could try my best to paint a picture with my words to tell you why I believe it to be the greatest city on Earth. It's got way-too-tall buildings that light up the night sky so no street is ever left dim or dark. The mix of street-cart food and emissions don't sound like they smell too great, but trust me it all adds to the atmosphere. The fast pace of the Metrocard lines and the quick walkers in Penn Station revive my adoration toward big city life. Plus, nothing beats the sanctuary we all know and love as Central Park.

While in the Big Apple, I managed to check off some bucket list items: walking the DVF stairs, running around Oheka Castle and looking at the Macy's Christmas window displays in the dead of night. 

New York is that great, crazy, ever-changing love that Taylor Swift definitely covers in her song. And I cannot wait to get back to my favorite place as soon as I possibly can.

Darling, I'm a nightmare dressed like a daydream.

So it's gonna be forever...

Three words. Eight letters.

Nice to meet you, where you been.

Where The Tents are.

What a beautiful wedding says the bridesmaid to the waiter...

Cherry lips, crystal skies.

Chuck and Blair 5ever.

Cause we're young and we're reckless.

Oh my gosh, look at that face.

You look like my next mistake.

CHUCK BASS WAS HERE.

Empire state of mind.

Love's a game, wanna play?

I REPEAT. CHUCK BASS WAS HERE.

House of DVF.

I could show you incredible things.

Strawberry fields forever.

Cause you know I love the players and you love the game.

Met Steps.

XOXO.

It'll leave you breathless...

or with a nasty scar.

Concrete jungle where dreams are made of.

Or it's gonna go down in flames.

Ain't it funny, rumors fly.

They'll tell you I'm insane.

Heaven on earth.

Magic, madness, heaven, sin.

And I know you heard about me.

We'll take this way too far.

Gossip girl.

I've got a blank space, baby. And I'll write your name.

No comments:

Post a Comment