Friday, December 19, 2014

Shotgun Rider.

"No, I don't ever wanna know
no other shotgun rider beside me
singing to the radio."

-Tim McGraw.

Another 2,000 miles more added to the Miata total mileage and another 2,000 laughs added to the friendship between me and Nikki.

Driving through the worst of West Coast storms to eating greasy (yet AMAZING) pizza in the middle of nowhere New Mexico, we made it. From bashing Nick Jonas and Maroon 5 to telling stories about our favorite people, we lived. And I don't think I could imagine the cross-country journey without her.

My Southern-native best friend has grown a liking to the Golden Coast and I definitely don't blame her for that. Her obsession with Santa Barbara's State Street to her newfound love of the Pacific Ocean makes me see my home through new eyes. Being born and raised in the paradise of California made me blind to the fact that I truly do come from this magical place filled with eternal sunshine and lush countryside. 

We may have gained weight from the In-n-Out and Pinkberry stops along the way, but California welcomed us back with open arms. Even though Nikki may have said goodbye for now, I'm hoping this great state doesn't let go of me too soon. Because I need her to make me feel good now more than ever before I fly across the pond to a land of rainy skies and elegant accents.

The OC. For real.


Heeeee.

Thousand Palms. (But actually, that's the town we were in lolz.)



This is Matthew and I love him and his hilarious soul. Best friends 5ever.

PINK. CAKE.

Love you, mean it.

No comments:

Post a Comment