Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Nashville.

"Tennessee was sweet to me
and said the right things.
Told me I was something
she'd never seen."

-Kel.

It's official. My room is now just four blank walls surrounding me with the only decorations being super-taped shipping boxes and overstuffed carry-on suitcases. Four months seem to have come and gone like a flash before my eyes and the blur could not have been any better. 

I've always heard to say see you later because goodbyes just seem too permanent. And right as I just typed that statement, my heart is beginning to ache for the certainty of not returning to Tennessee for the next semester and the anxiety-filled excitement for the next adventure ahead. I'm scared. I'm happy. I'm nervous. I'm ready. Does that say enough?

Another realization: I have accomplished so much and I'm only 20. That's it. 20 years young. And I'm moving to England for four months. It's all just mind-blowing stuff to me. Even five years ago, I could not imagine the amount of opportunities and experiences I have had and to know I'm spending 16 weeks of time in a whole new continent doesn't even get through to me. Wow.

Of course, California is next on my adventures to explore. Time and time again, my home never disappoints. It will be three weeks filled to the brim of laughter and sunshine. But compared to the past semester and the one coming upon me, that time does not hold a candle to everything else.

Although I am coming back for one more complete year, I've realized in the past two and a half that Nashville has shaken my core to the great extent and been the best journey I've ever gone on. There have been rough patches and dark tunnels, nonetheless, but nothing can replace every memory and moment that this city has engraved into my heart. I could not be more thankful to have had Music City develop into my home away from home and come fall, I will be heading back into routine with a weekly Fido visit and tune-filled drives down neighborhood streets. But for now, I guess it has to be a see you later.

In the words of John Mayer...

"Cause if you never stop when you wave goodbye, you just might find if you give it time, you will wave hello again."

Don't forget about me, Nash. I'll be back soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment